Transport plays an important role in the South African community and an effective transport system can have huge benefits for the economy through things like access to economic opportunities for those previously disadvantaged and an efficient freight sector benefiting the consumer. The Transport Forum is one of the most important platforms in South Africa to discuss all issues relating to transport; it provides insight into policy direction and allows business to remain informed on the latest developments within the transport sector. The Transport Forum has a monthly meeting of the thought leaders within the transport sector of South Africa and provides a unique platform for industries to debate matters of relevance and share knowledge and ideas.
The role-players included in these Special Interest Group (SIG) sessions are; government at all levels, state owned enterprises, private business, industry business management, regulatory bodies, research institutions, academic institutions, as well as other ICT solution providers. Collaboration and communication between these various stakeholders brings about superior solutions to create a more efficient and competitive transport sector.
Each month credible and expert people within the transport sector are invited to speak on transport related themes of national relevance. Access to key role players in the transport sector allows for knowledge to be shared on the future of the transport sector and give insight to perspectives within a specific discipline within the transport industry. Themes explored relate to transport, logistics and information technology and the knowledge distilled from these sessions is made freely available to all participants on the Transport Forum website.
The Transport Forum aims to promote:
- Two-way communication between the state and stakeholders
- Interest in collaboration
- Agendas debated objectively
- Opportunities for academics, practitioners and thought leaders to meet
- Exposure of participants to the latest research and development and training programmes to build local capacity
- Opportunities to take informed and well-debated decisions
- The identification of best practices
- Well-planned and governed mentorship programmes
- The prioritisation of national transport needs
- An environment conductive to international cooperation
- Joint knowledge generation and
- Industrial competitiveness
To ensure effective representation at the Transport Forum’s events, attendance is open to anybody having the process of transport at heart, and is free of charge.
The Transport Forum commenced hosting events in March 2007 and became a private company on 1 June 2018: Transport SIG (Pty)Ltd trading as Transport Forum.
Company registration: 2018357317 - Director: Harry van Huyssteen
Tax reference number: 2018/357317/07
P.O. Box 9142040
Contact number: 082 654 6736